Pages

Tuesday 5 January 2010

sleepy head.lazy bump.recharge!

Salaam Alaik

I know I am not the most patriotic person ever. I admit that even Rukun Negara pun I lack of memory in remembering it. Bits of it, I can remember but not the exact same words. But lemme refresh my head again.

Kepercayaan pada Tuhan
Kesetiaan pada Raja dan Negara
Keluhuran Perlembagaan
Kedaulatan Undang-undang
Kesopanan dan kesusilaan

I do have a few questions to be raised here but later I think. This post is about something else
OK back to the story

I know I am a bad citizen of my own country. I took Malaysia for granted after living in comfort for the past 19 years of my life. I condemned, I blamed, I found faults, I have so much of negative thoughts about the country I lived in and looked highly upon another. I know that the government had put so much effort to make us, the future leaders to love the country but sadly I do not think they succeeded in doing so. Sorry to say but the module was way too... domineering? Can I talk about this? I am very afraid if I write about my thoughts, my scholarship will be taken away. Shush. I believe that I love Malaysia more when I started to live in another country. This very new culture seems to get me. You know how much I have been whining lately? It is like there is not much of happy moments since I got here.

But then again, some people said it is all YOU. If you want to be happy, you will be. I will try but as soon as I get back to Malaysia for recharge!

What I want to talk really is, is just by knowing the principle, merely reciting it word by word, make you a good citizen? How can that possibly be? What makes you think so? Do you live by that principle? Do you?

But I think, principles are like guidelines. A path to show you which way we are going to. Are we going to the left or to the right? Without these general guidelines, it is hard for you to reach your goal. We want to be a united, diverse community ever existed hence the 1Malaysia was introduced. I think as a muslim, it applied to this ; do you know Rukun Iman and Rukun Islam? Do you live by that principles or merely stating and remembering it because at school you have to memorise them for exams? Most of the things I learned back in school are probably just because I wanted to pass the exam. It is sad. As for now, if you ask me about all the things I learned, I maybe cannot answer you. =(

I am getting too serious nowadays. Haha. But then again, it is good. Don't you think so? Once in a while, it is nice to talk about this kind of thing and hear out what other people want to say.

p/s: tomorrow is darling Wednesday. Heheheheh.