Pages

Saturday 16 February 2013

of labours and babies again.

I am just glad I am able to sleep on my own bed last two nights. My quota of witnessing 10 c-section and 10 normal vaginal deliveries had been fulfilled. I had my own two miserable weeks, waiting for deliveries. I had my fair shares of witnessing interesting cases and finishing it off with a bang also. The last labor I witnessed, the baby was literally popping out of the vagina. I don't know whether it was just my bad luck or what, but the amnion liqour splashed all over face and my apron (white coat). Thank God I had my specs on and I was not opening my mouth in awe or anything. It smelled really bad afterwards. Something like a rotten egg I think.

A fetus of 20+ weeks old. 

For some reason, vaginal deliveries were not that easy to witness. When you thought it is normal, it should be in abundance but it seemed not to me. And my fellow friends agreed to that too. It made you treasure every single labour you witnessed. But anyway, I am just glad it happened.

This past two weeks taught me about a lot of things. Like this is the path that I chose. Like I cannot afford to second guess myself. Like am I really going to do this. I think it made me realized more of what I want to do and what kind of doctor I want to be later in life. Not career wise but personality wise. My sister told me, this will be what internship like. You are in the hospital round the clock and you have time to barely even manage yourself. My situation was a bit different though since I have classes from 8am till 4pm. I dozed off  a couple of times during classes. Heh.

Never the less, this taught me to be independent. To treat everyone nicely and equally. To be positive. To have my utmost dependency to Allah. To have kind thoughts to Allah that he never abandon me in whatever condition I am in. I don't know how to tell you the helplessness I felt that day when no case came in. Good news came to me amidst all that chaos was my exam result. I finally made it to the final year officially which was like a huge relief. Now only passing the final year exam is the only thing I need to think about. Aside from learning to ask and understand Kannada too.

I need to master the basics at least.

Anyway,

I am holding on to this saying "Everyday may not be good, but there is something good everyday" It will only depend on how I am looking at it.

Toodles everybody.